Flutter By

I used a  Peddlers Pack image in the Copic book and as a thank you from the company they sent me this amazing Butterfly Background stamp.  It took me 3 days to figure out how I wanted to color it and a whole bunch of hours carefully coloring.  Be sure and check out the other images they offer.  I have colored the cactus, dragonfly, apples and now the butterfly and love every one of them!!  I have included all the links for you.


I started out by stamping this image twice.  Once in Memento black and another in the cocoa.  The cocoa image is the base as i wanted the lines to be subtle and the black is the butterfly.  I colored the background including the butterfly in black (100) adding some image extensions with the Mulitliner pen.  what is an extension?  Its where i extended part of the image out where the butterfly would have been.   Then I proceeded to color the remaining image.  After coloring the butterfly in the W's (on the black stamped image, I cut it out and adhered only the center of the image to to card so the wings pop.








Copics Used:  R81 83 85 89, E35 57 79, W1 3 4 6 8 10, Y15 YR27, 100, multiliner

Comments

Crafting Queen said…
Stunning card, the colouring is amazing.
Pam Hornschu said…
How gorgeously unique to color the butterfly in black and white. The flower background is so perfectly colored, I first thought it was a background paper. I also first thought that the butterfly was Lynell's stencil. Lol.

Popular Posts