I have Gone MAD!

Yes, I have!  

 I just needed a break from coloring other peoples amazing images.  I just want to produce something other than a card.  Something big enough to put on my wall.  Like a mad scientist I swept all of my art supplies off my studio table (okay, my Copics were carefully set aside), with one swell-foop it was all gone!  Digging frantically into my art supplies paint drawer saw my acrylic paints and brushes.  I dusted off my Acrylic paints and brushes, my poor neglected art medium.  I grabbed an old canvas buried back in the back of my closet and prying the dried on lids off my paint, I created my color pallet.  My heart was racing...10 years since I have touched my poor little paint tubes.  I grabbed some old photos I had taken a few years back, taking a deep breath I was ready!!

Here is what I have accomplished on my painting of water drops on a poppy stem.  This will be one canvas of a series of 3.   I will show more as I complete another portion.




Painted with old acrylic paints..and loving it!  BTW getting old sucks...had to borrow the hubby's glasses so I could see...guess it is time to go get my eyes checked.




Comments

Zoe said…
you're amazing chick! This is incredible. Clearly you haven't lost your touch with paints. xo
Lois Michael said…
Love it.....as always amazing you did it again.
Lois Michael said…
that is suppose to read "amazing you, did it again"
Unknown said…
That is some serious detail in those droplets I can see why you needed glasses
Gramma said…
Keep it real my friend... you are amazingly talented! BTW: the Captain's glasses are too big, you look like a doofus (ROFLMAO)
Hugz,
Gramma
Pam Hornschu said…
Well, geez, you are such a show-off! Amazing painting! Can hardly wait to the completed triptych. I miss you so much!
Delphine said…
Absolutely amazing!!! Hugs Delphine xx
aaaaamazing!!! you did such a fantastic job. i wish i could paint :D
Suzanne C said…
Wow. Not painted in awhile? Huh... Couldn't tell by the fantastic painting you have there!
Sherri said…
Gorgeous Jess - Can't believe you haven't painted in awhile - we really need to get together soon so you can add some tangles to the mix.... You are SO creative - hope to see you at one of the card classes soon. Can't wait to see the other two completed canvasses.
Sherri said…
Well Jenn - my hands can't find the right keys - you wanted a new name right - sorry. That's another reason I hate this getting older cycle, but its better than the alternative - see you soon.
Debbie Olson said…
Love, LOVE it, Jenn--you are clearly ROCKIN' the paints!
Delana said…
All I can say is - it is truly beautiful and I cannot wait to see the completed set of three!!
Laura said…
Jennifer,
You ARE amazing. Wow!
Mojca said…
huh well my jaw dropped when I saw your pretty painting ... it's prettier then the photo :))))))))))))) hugs! Mojca

Popular Posts