Gasenfude...Say WHAT?! Copic Must Have!

Get ready for this!  Copic Gasenfude a Nylon Brush pen (pronounced gas-en-fu-day).  YES, YES, YES!  Not a "Brush nib"...no, no, no, but rather an actual brush with bristles.  Deep black ink, flows beautifully, and can make the thickest or thinnest of lines.  Guess what?  It is Copic compatible too!
I had this idea pop into my head and probably totally butchered it, but here goes.  **Anyone from Japan or if you can read Japanese feel free to private message me if I spelled a bad word.  Hopefully I took the word "love" and was able to pull this off while still keeping its integrity.  I wanted to take the brush tip of the Gasenfude and create thick to thin black lines to look like branches and then add cherry blossoms because it is that time of year (and who doesn't like cherry blossoms?)
  It turned out a little peachy in the photo...really is more pink in real life.  I used 3 Copic markers for
this.  R11 R81 R85.  just adding 5 tear drop shapes together to form blossoms.  Then I added a little of the Pink Multiliner to the centers.  SIMPLE!

Gasenfude I love you!
**tip:  If you use it slowly, you will achieve a smooth line look (like I used it above).  Move it quicker and you will get a fun dry-brush look.  Two effects in one!


Gasenfude
Copic's new high-quality, genuine nylon brush pen. The long, flexible bristle nib allows for creating a dry-brush effect while the super fine point allows for detailed work - making this pen ideal for hand lettering, calligraphy, comic art, or traditional brush art application.
  • Archival
  • 9mm long bristles
  • Waterbased, black pigment ink
  • Sturdy, genuine nylon bristles
  • 3.1mm diameter at brush base
  • Super fine point for detail work 
  • Long, flexible bristles for dry-brush effects
  • Copic compatible ink (will not bleed with Copic markers)



Comments

Marika said…
Gorgeous!! Been looking at that pen, seems awesome :)
Lillian M said…
Jennifer, I have to say Wow ! this really came out beautiful. You pulled it off nicely, what a great idea to have used the word and then add the cherry blossoms flowers, a true artist at work !
Brandy said…
That is incredible! What a cool idea! It turned out beautifully!!!
Anonymous said…
Wow. You know I have an obsession with oriental and cherry blossoms. Just sayin. Wink wink.
This is beyond amazing.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Held said…
I simply love your work. It is above the rest, and I learn something new every time I see you create. Thanks for letting me know about this new Copic pen. Can't wait to get it in my hands ....haaha
Julie Reed said…
This is stunning Jennifer as always x

Popular Posts