Copic Must Have's - Terial Magic

How about something new and different today?  I decided to expand my creativity with fabric.   Yes, fabric...you know the stuff we collect in a box or closet with great expectations to use it on some project "some day soon".  You know the stuff I am talking about!!



Using the Oriental Poppy Bouquet Kit from Imagination International I got to play with this cool product and thought I would share it with you!  I didn't know they even carried this Terial Magic Fabric Stabilizer, so I am figuring you didn't either.  Using this product I created this fun card.  Originally I thought I would follow the full kit instructions which includes fabric, the fabric stabilizer, wire, pattern and instructions, and make the flowers arrangement but knew the little one would end up using it for a her own entertainment so I decided to reduce the pattern and make a mini version of it.

The fist thing was I scanned the pattern (for personal use only).  According to the instructions you take the fabric and spray it with the stabilizer , let it dry and then cut your pieces, but I decided to do my own thing (cause I am a rule breaker).  I cut my pieces placed them on the tray and then sprayed them.  I then squeezed out the excess stabilizer and opened them back up to dry this left them crinkly and slightly unraveled (to avoid that result I think this is why you do it according to the instructions...hmmm?)  The good news is I wanted them wrinkly as they are Oriental Poppies.  I was too impatient to let them dry on their own so I took out my heat gun and dried them quickly.  They are still slightly pliable which leads us to the next step...
Once dry you will stitch the lower edge and start the assembling process...I won't bore you with the details because you can read them when you get your kit.  The end result it FABULOUS.  I love the different kits they carry as well as the pattern books.  Be sure and check them out.




Don't you think it made an unusually fun card to display?




Comments

Sandra said…
that looks so awesome!!
hmmm, another thing on my wishlist, LOL

Popular Posts