Making the World Brighter 358 Colors at a Time

How about something a bit different today?  Well I have it for you!!  I did a little Zweckentfremdung.  What is this you ask?  It's a diversion from somethings proper use.  Well that is what an outside-the-box thinker does every chance they get.  Today I took my Sketch Copic's, Copic airbrush machine and my wonderfully new white Dr. Martens and created some magic.

Anything white is just asking for color! The world isn't black and white...it's over 358 shades of color don't you think?  At least in my color box it is!


The surface I colored has a slight gloss to it and is not porous in any way, so I thought this would be a perfect canvas for creativity!  I airbrushed what ever color made me happy at that moment...and they all did.
Once I was completely done, I spritzed it with 91% rubbing alcohol and watched the magic happen.  I will give them some time to completely dry (alcohol evaporating) and then try to seal them with leather sealer...fingers crossed it works...and if not I will wipe them down and do it again.  The world is a better place with Dr martens and Copic Markers...at least my world!


What kind of Zweckentfremdung will you come up with?  Get that mind thinking outside-the-box!




Comments

Bunny said…
You are the best out of the box thinker there is. I love these. I hope they will seal good. It'll be like wearing a unicorn's mane or a rainbow. [Bunny]
Okay, that is waaaaay too cool! You are so creative! I can't wait to see you wearing them. I know you'll figure out a sealer that will preserve their beauty!
lritchie said…
So cool, love these, you are so talented!
Viki Banaszak said…
I sure hope the leather sealer works. These are stunning!
Awesome !! This is such a cool idea !!

Popular Posts