Fly Away with Stampendous and ICE Resin

ICE_Resin_Blog_hop

Welcome to the Stampendous StampsICE Resin® and Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®! You'll be amazed what we have for you this weekend! For the next four days you'll be treated to some of the most amazing projects you've seen with some of the hottest mixed media artists in crafting! The possibilities for crafting with these great products are truly endless! 

I captured this Stampendous butterfly in resin the other day.  I love how beautiful some of Stampendous' smaller stamps fit inside the bezels.  I think this is one of my favorite pieces of Ice Resin.  
This piece was pretty basic.  I colored up the butterfly and leaf and put a little fuchsia glass glitter around the pieces after tacking them down.  Then I poured in my resin.  I always work multiple pieces at one time so its a one pour instead of a lot of little ones.  (So yes I have other fun pieces to show at some point).  The hardest part is waiting for the resin to cure.  The best advise I can give is to set them aside out of line of site and curious kitties.  It is gonna take a while so quit checking on it...let it sit overnight...forget about them already...they are done when they are done!

I hope you enjoyed this piece.  A craft well worth trying out.

Now in addition to that fun stuff you can win some goodies...

We know you'll want to try this yourself, and to make that easy we're offering a nice prize package this week! Three lucky winners will receive a package with:
prizepackICE
• 2 - Stampendous Perfectly Clear Stamp™ sets with designs sized for jewelry or small project making
• 2 - StazOn™ permanent ink pads by Tsukineko® courtesy of Imagine Crafts® - yummy Ganache and the must-have Jet Black
• 1 - 30ml package of ICE Resin Jeweler's Grade Self-Doming resin
• 1 - pkg Suzan Lenart Kazmer Art Mechanique Silhouettes in Heart Shape
• 1 - pkg Kristen Robinson Rue Romatique bezel(s) (styles vary). WOW!! You'll be crafting some awesome jewelry in no time!

How to Hop:

Each day we'll post the designers participating in the Blog Hop. Click on each one and check out their project. Leave a comment on their blog that lets them know you really looked at their project. We 'll draw three blogs at random from the four days, then randomly draw one commenter from each blog. You must have a U.S. mailing address to win, but we'd love for everyone to hop and comment! You can check out the Official Rules for all our contests if you have questions.

So let's get hoppin! Here's who is posting today:

Stampendous

Jennifer Dove - that's MUAW!

Rhea Weigand

ICE Resin

Misty Grosse

Tatiana Allen

Imagine Crafts

Linda Lucas

John Creighton Petersen

  ***Blog Hop Hint - if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, "Sorry this page cannot be found," just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture, or the blog's name), and it will take you to that blog's most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful.
Cathy A said…
So pretty, please don't enter me in prize draw, I just had to say how lovely this is!
Unknown said…
The colors on this piece are beautiful,
Heather said…
absolutely beautiful, i love the coloration and good tips on out of sight, out of mind. lol
Kris B said…
Stunning! Love the colors and the pretty butterfly! The Ice Resin looks like it would be fun to play with!
Bunny said…
This is pretty little piece, Jenn. I love the colors.I see you snuck in a few tiny pieces of pink. You saving it up for the baby? So your hint is a watched pot never boils and keep the kitties away or the fur will fly.
Julie Ann said…
Awesome project. I love it. Glad you are feeling better.
Sue D said…
This is beautiful! Love the colors and thanks for the tip of leaving it alone.
Sue in Ohio
PJ said…
I just love this and can't wait to try it! Thank you for the inspiration!!
charlene said…
very pretty me thinks we should have a resin class♥
Karen McAlpine said…
Ohhh. Love how you made the butterfly dimensional.
Unknown said…
Beautiful colors!
Ava Gavloski said…
Beautiful artistic work, nice showcasing of product. Yes got a u.s. address.
Lea said…
This is gorgeous!! I love the colors, the images, the glitter, the beautiful beads, EVERYTHING! I would so wear that, all the time!
luluvision said…
That is beautiful! I love they way you colored up the butterfly!
Jenny Alia said…
Stunning! Love the colors. I'm going to have to get some of these supplies so I can try this. Thanks for the inspiration.
maria soto said…
beautiful, I love butterflies
Carol McCready said…
Love the butterfly. The colors in your bezel are gorgeous.
Linsey R said…
Oh my gosh, this is SO gorgoues! What an incredible piece of wearable art!! I can't think of a woman who wouldn't adore it! I certainly do! The ice resin is new to me so Iam intrigued by all the wonderful projects and tutorials you are giving today for the hop! Your tips are so appreciated and I'm getting extremely inspired to give something like this a try!! It seems so fun and yours is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us for todays hop!
Nicole B said…
WOW, nice design! I do love the color arrangement and also the crystals on the wire links that make up the rest of the necklace? bracelet? Whatever it is, its definitely gorgeous!
Tatiaa Allen said…
I love everything about this piece. Great work!
Anonymous said…
Jennifer: Absolutely GORGEOUS bracelet! Carol from ICE Resin
Stampendous said…
Oh Jennifer! This is so beautiful! Pretty and vibrant and just lovely. Can't wait to see your other pieces. Thanks so much for playing with us today!
P Beatty said…
this is absolutely gorgeous! All of my favorite colors!
WOWZERS! LOVELOVELOVE your beautiful jewelry piece!! I am a butterfly lover and the colors are divine! TFS!
Rhea Weigand said…
You inspire me with each thing you create! Would you please stop now..just kidding.
Laine M said…
In my case, it's curious grandson instead of curious kitties, but yeah, out of reach is best. :)
Nice colors awesome techniques
Beverly Tiemann said…
This is very pretty. And looks completely 'doable'.
HelenM said…
how beautiful!! Love the colors. haven't tried the resin yet but now I may have to!!!
Auntie Watson said…
I love your colors and the way you oriented the bezel. Thanks for sharing.
Heather T said…
The elements look so delicate captured in the resin and the colours repeated in the beads are gorgeous too.
Kris said…
This is such a pretty piece. It looks so delicate.
Anonymous said…
This is gorgeous!! My favorite blog hop item yet. Would love to try the ICE resin, think a similar piece would work as a focal pendant with some of my polymer clay beads....
lots of ideas cooking now!!
wilson.marie65 said…
I so have to try this..I want to play with it all....this is beautiful piece of jewelry...love everything about and yes the waiting will kill me....lol

good luck everyone
marie
cghundley said…
This is so pretty!
How fun it would
be to wear. Lovely.
Carla from Utah
Goodness, I love Ice Resin and love your Bezel, too! It turned out beautifully. Amazing Hop and prizes!! TFS!
Unknown said…
i don't do jewelry but i love to look and so far so pretty!
Arlene said…
Great piece of jewelry. Beautiful colors (love the butterfly).
Unknown said…
This piece is so beautiful, the butterfly and the leaf are so life affirming!
Con said…
This is gorgeous. I would privilage to own this piece. thank you for sharing it, -con
Unknown said…
If Id seen this piece in a shop or art fair I would jump at the chance to have it. The colors are just gorgeous. You did a fantastic job of offsetting the butterfly and the hint of glitter is perfect.
Unknown said…
Jennifer – the detail in your bezel is absolutely stunning! Awesome job in using the rubber stamps and incorporating it into such a wonderful bracelet.
Gorgeous piece! I have never worked w/ the Ice Resin B4, but this certainly has peaked my interest!
Anonymous said…
I love the butterfly, and the colors are gorgeous!
Barbara said…
Beautiful necklace! I'd love to try it out.
WOW, your charm is beautiful ~ the colors are so vivid even through the Ice Resin. I love that - with most other types of resin the colors become a bit muted in the process.
TFS!
Unknown said…
Butterflies are one of my favorite design motifs. This one looks so delicate the way you have used it.
dtilt1 said…
I like the way the butterfly pops out at you. I would love to play with this stuff and create stuff I can wear and look at
Unknown said…
Gorgeous piece! I like the bright, jewel tone colors--great for spring!
oh, I love this butterfly, the colors are beautiful! thanks for the hop
Anonymous said…
Love the colors.
Lyneen said…
WOW!!!! LOVE THE COLORS in the bezel! Your beads compliment the art! Can't wait to see what else you have created!
Yolanda said…
Beautiful colors...love the butterfly.
KFlaherty said…
You DID NOT give enough information - wow, this is a gorgeous piece! Please tell me you're going to do a tutorial. The leaf and butterfly look as though they are lifted off of the background. I really want to learn how to do this, it's amazing!
Unknown said…
Wow! I'm blown away! I know it breaks down to relatively simple steps (leave it alone!).but as a jewelry designer myself, all I can say is everything came together perfectly! Where did you find those old-style fuschia crystals?
Unknown said…
Wow! I'm blown away! I know it breaks down to relatively simple steps (leave it alone!).but as a jewelry designer myself, all I can say is everything came together perfectly! Where did you find those old-style fuschia crystals?
stlbarb said…
Did you color and cut out that tiny butterfly? This piece is gorgeous!
Mel- said…
Love love love this piece!
Deb Sumption said…
Oh my! That is so beautiful! I am new to the products you are sharing, so this is such a treat. Thank you!
Edna Siu said…
What a lovely piece! It is stunning, love the colors.
Unknown said…
LOVE that - great dimension and color - I never thought about layering when using resin. So cute- the butterly looks like it is ready to fly off :)
Cindi E said…
I love the Media Mixage pieces and yours is gorgeous!
Rebecca Ednie said…
I love this piece. It's gorgeous.
Nedlnut said…
Love, love, love this!
Brenda said…
This piece was so lovely! I'm thinking how I could make a similar piece for a card embellishment. Thanks for the inspiration!
Judy said…
For a basic piece this sure is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Katie said…
Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the beautiful chain you made too. Love the bright and deep colors of the butterfly and fragments. Great job! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Popular Posts