Our World is Brighter - (Dustin Pike Does it again)


...With you around!

This card was made for a 10 your old girl named Delia who was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on December 11th, 2009. She is on her second round of chemo and its been a struggle for her, although she is doing better today, it has been a roller coaster that no-one should have to ride. This is a request to make a little girls day brighter by sending her a card.

I sent the request to Dustin Pike at Doodle Dragon Studios to give a shout-out to all his fans (because he can reach way more people then I ever could), and ask for people to contribute a card for Delia...He not only did a shout-out, but to anyone who is willing to make a card... if you email him at dustin_pike@yahoo.com he will email you back some wonderful owl images he drew up for this special little girl who LOVES owls. She is also taking photography and art class in the hospital so his images were just perfect for her. So jump over to his blog and check out what he has donated for this wonderful cause. I thank you with all my heart..and a little girl named Delia (who will be very surprised) thanks you too! Lets make this Valentines day overflowing with love and cards! You can mail all card to:

Att: Delia Cadwallader
2048 Sandhurst Dr.
Castle Rock, CO 80104

Delia with her pretty new wig. (notice the owl necklace she is wearing).

Be sure and hop over to Dustin 's blog and send him some love for all he has done. He is a kind and giving talented artist whom I really appreciate. Feel free to pass on Delia's info so we can get more cards, and prayers and kind thoughts heading her way!




Comments

bwilson said…
Love the card... you put us all to shame :)
Rhonda Miller said…
What a great card. I love how you've colored the owl. I have already contacted Dustin and printed the images. My children and I are working on some cards to send to this little girl. Thank you for giving us a chance to help cheer her up, I know it is a difficult road she is traveling.
ileana said…
Hi Jenn, I just sent Dustin an e-mail to participate also. What a great idea, thanks for sharing and giving us the opporutnity to do a little something for her. Hugs!
de said…
This is an amazing card! And a great cause! I received my images from Dustin yesterday and can't wait to get crafting. Thanks for the info and sharing the cute pic of Delia.
Jackie, what a lovely bright card. Very girly colours and cheerful which is what Delia needs during this difficult time for her and her family. I have left a message on Dustin’s blog to say thank you for promoting the word on his blog about Delia and that he’s extra special that he designed such gorgeous images of owls for us to use. The story certainly touched my heart strings and therefore I requested the images and after a few days of off-and-on work my card is made and ready to send with a little gift for Delia – not sure how long it will take from over her in the UK. I have become a follower on your blog and I know I’d be one of many who would love to hear any news about Delia.

Here is my card if you’d like to take a look

Best wishes

Kym xxx
Michelle Quinno said…
I sent my card the other day. Yours is adorable! What a guy Dustin is, huh?! Delia is adorable and I hope she gets a ton of cards.
Tanya said…
I love your card!!! Delia is adorable! My daughter & I both made owl Valentine cards for Delia (and I posted it on my blog:http://tanyamsmith.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentine-for-delia.html). Thanks for letting us know how we can help!
ileana said…
Hi Jenn, just wanted to thank you again for making this call, I already finished mine and I´ll sent it to her tomorrow. If you please can keep us posted about her health, I´ll really appreciate it. Thanks so much and have a great day!
Gina said…
Hi Jennifer, I saw your request on Dustins blog and sent a card out to Delia the same day. Do we know if she has recieved any of them yet? I also posted her 2 photos of owls I took in Cornwall. Hope she liked them.
Love as always Gina x x x
This is the link to the card I sent her http://daydreambeliever-gina.blogspot.com/2010/02/cards-for-delia.html
Jennifer Dove said…
Thank you to everyone who took the time to mail a card to Delia. She is receiving about 25 cards a day and its putting a HUGE smile on her face. If you would like to keep up on her progress you can join the Facebook group created for her at

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=228664431527

Or search "support and prayers for delia and the Cadwallader Family"

thank you again for all your support!
Jackie, another post from me. I decided to get a little something to go with the card. Unfortunately the first package sent didn't arrive but the company sent me another. I thought I'd check on your blog if there was any update and saw that Delia had come home and was with her little sister Adira. Well, you can guess what went through my mind - I didn't want Adira to feel left out so I made her a card this morning. I'm about to package it up and send off tomorrow. Best wishes, Kym xxx

PS Here's the card if you'd like to have a look:

http://kyms-crafty-cards.blogspot.com/2010/02/special-card-to-go-off-to-america.html

Popular Posts