I'm Getting a Little Sketchy!

I needed to do something for ME...yes, today it all about me...me...me!  I drew, I Colored, I accomplished what I was aiming for.  These are some Chilis from my garden that had sat in the Arizona sun and dried up.



A few things I have learned.  When your dealing with a pencil sketch, start with the background first.  Secondly you CAN use any paper you have sitting on your desk...it doesn't have to be "Copic compatible".  The paper I used (thank you Marianne) is All In One printer paper.  It tuned out so cool and was so easy to blend.  This paper takes a bit of practice as it soaks up ink fast and spreads.  Also note I am not completely happy with my shadows...but I am over it and moving on.


Copics Used:  R59 R39 R46 R14 R35 R08
YR24 YR15 YR14 YR18 YR68 Y19 Y26
E08 E87 E42 E43 E44 E47 E55 E31 E81
W3 W5 BV20 BV04 BV23

Comments

Wendy said…
Jenn, I had to take a double take to see if which one was the actual photo of the woodgrain. WOW!!! This is fantastic!!! Great job!
Gramma said…
I {heart} your chilis..
Hugz,
Gramma
Susie said…
Fabulous! You have nothing to apologize for [w/regard to shadowing]. These chili's look great and so does that wood : )
This is fabulous! I'm looking at the original and you've got the table colors spot on. I like the added shadows you did and making them slightly blue/purple makes them interesting. Love it! :D
Jan Hunnicutt said…
Wow, you captured them beautifully!
Debbie Olson said…
Jennifer, you blew this one out of the water--FABULOUS!
Beate said…
Jennifer, this looks AMAZING. Gorgeous drawing and coloring.
Hugs and smiles

Popular Posts