Saturday, October 13, 2012

Little Bit Different Christmas


Make it Crafty just made my day with their latest Steampunk Christmas images.  I think this is my most favorite card in the entire universe!
It also weighs about 3 pounds with all the gears attached.  Even has a clock that ticks...tick tick tick....I love my noisy card.  You can see some of the other images in this release HERE.


I colored him up with Copics and then used Shabby white embossing enamel from Stampendous for the sprinkled snow.  I added some blue glass glitter and bronze mica fragments as well.

 I layered him on a gear image I created using Dreamweavers Gear stencil and mat white paste.  I airbrushed the gears and added some of Dreamweavers fab Metallic FX to make it gold and sparkly.

Did I mention this is my favorite card?  I am glad I got to share it with you.

JDove

PS.  Yes, the sky is airbrushed prior to adding the "snow".  The colors I used were B23 B24 B26. 





9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Jennifer, amazing colouring, wish I could here it ticking...so clever..I love the snow and fun image..brilliant.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda Carson said...

WOW! It's easy to see why this awesome card is your favorite! Wish I were on your Christmas card list! Most excellent artwork!

Elaine Hughes said...

LOVE this card Jennifer. Always love your work, but this one is extra special. <3

Question time! Did you airbrush the sky? And, if you don't mind sharing, what colour(s) did you use for the sky?

~Elaine
Quixotic Cards

Karen said...

So cool... a very very very lovely creation.xx

Alyce said...

AWESOME! Absolutely love this and yup would love to know the colours of the sky :)

Jennifer Dove said...

Yes, the sky is airbrushed prior to adding the "snow". The colors I used were B23 B24 B26.

Patty Sue 2 said...

I can see why you liked this...it is fantastic...it would be my favorite also!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

oooo la la, Jennifer!!! Love this creation and thank you for the usage of the gear stencil and products. This is mind boggling, not sure I would part with it if I were the creator.

Elaine Hughes said...

Thanks for the info Jennifer! :)