Holiday Greetings...In Yo Face!

Stampendous has gotten together with Clearsnap this week for some fun.  This was a little outside my comfort zone (yes, i actually have one).  I decided to play with the Colorbox Paintbox pigment and a water brush to create this snowy fun image by Stampendous.  I finally got into the groove and had a hard time stopping.

 I first stamped with Colorbox Archival "Seattle Sky" gray dye ink pad.  Then I took my water brush and robbed it on the Paintbox ink pad and "watercolored in the image.  As you know if you are used to coloring with copics it isn't going to be as vivid, but I like the soft look.  After I finished coloring it in I got ready to get messy.
I sprinkled Stampendous Chunky white embossing enamel on the image and heated from underneath.  After some card sewing I placed the image on the card and started to decorate with hand dyed cheese cloth, buttons and pearls.  Next I took some adhesive and added Purple Color Fragments, Fuchsia glass glitter and Halo glitter.  Did I mention I didn't want to stop?

This is about the only snow we see in Phoenix Arizona...LOL.  Not too pleased.  Good thing it didn't happen in my lap and I was able to put it back in my jar.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my Chunky White!  Stampendous Image "cling Snowball Fight" can be found HERE

Join us on the hop and see all the lovely creations.  If you comment along the way i am sure goodies are possibly in your future.  Have fun!!


We'd like to apologize for any confusion in today's Blog Hop! Here's a correct list of Bloggers hopping if you want to just keep this window/tab open and hop in another tab it might be easiest. Thanks for your patience, as always you have until Sunday night to complete your hopping/commenting before we will choose our three winners on Monday.

Rhea Weigand

Tobi Crawford

Kristine Reynolds

Jennifer Dove

Asia King

Suzanne Czosek

Jamie Martin

Tenia Nelson

Lea Kimmel

Janelle Stollfus

Krissy Fossmeyer

Clearsnap Blog

Thanks again for hopping along with us! Do be sure to share our posts on your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and wherever else you share!

Comments

Unknown said…
More embossing powder.. I really love that stuff!! I want some!! Love your card... love those snowmen and the pink and purple is GREAT!!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}
How fun! Love the pinks and purples and the quilted background is so pretty!! The ribbons and buttons add even more whimsy to this delightful card! TFS!
Yolanda said…
Fabulous mix of textures, and the colors are great. This will make you smile even when there is a storm outside. Thanks for sharing.
Unknown said…
This is gorgeous!!! Love the multi media....thanks for creating it!!!
Kailash said…
Love the sweet design and color palette is delightful!!
(I'm from Illinois)
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card, love all the amazing embellishments. I still water colour form time to time but I got a large set of Prisma's last Christmas and have been using them all year.

Hugs
Brenda
Chris W said…
These snowmen are sweet! Love the colors on the card - very festive!
Unknown said…
I love the patchwork and decorations on this card very beautiful
Very pretty. Great color choices.
Unknown said…
I love the hand dyed cheese cloth!
Gramma said…
This card is going to look super on my wall!
Hugz,
Gramma
Sabrina said…
Your card is so stinkin adorable!! I just love snowmen. I think you did a marvelous job!!!!!
Barbara said…
Such a sweet soft card! Who knew that you can use water brush with pigment ink? What a great idea! Awesome!
Unknown said…
I think my favorite part is the dyed cheese cloth - fabulous!
Unknown said…
just a stunning card I love all the details and colors!
Kathy said…
I just love the stitched background papers and the fibers and buttons used on your card. The colors on the snowmen are so soft looking. Great card.
Anonymous said…
Love this card. I don't mean to be dense, but HOW did you get the chunky white embossing powder to stay in little white balls? And what kind of adhesive did you use before heating from below? Thanks so much...just darling!
So cute! I love the softness.
Stampendous said…
WOW! Look at all that ooh-la-la on that card! What a super cute and fun winter greeting. Just love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week!
Bunny said…
Cute image and what a job you did. Excellent. Did you say you were out of your comfort zone? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You can tackle anything. Which makes us believe we can do almost anything.
craftymom205 said…
Cute card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com
Anonymous said…
Always a joy to visit the site of the amazing Jennifer Dove...and with a gorgeous "pink" creation as well. Love what you do
Anonymous said…
If you want to see snow you can come to my house - or I can send you some. :-)
Your snowpeople are so cute. I love all of the textures and layers. Great job.
cghundley said…
Oh fun! Love all the
extra details you made
to it.
Carla from Utah
Jean Bullock said…
Love the quilted background you created. Very effective!
Unknown said…
Love this card! The snow: FABULOUS! Thanks for the inspiration!
Suzanne C said…
I am so a pink and purple Christmas kind of gal! LOVE The colors on your card. The design is fab and the images adorable with the snowflakes!
Sue D said…
Very pretty colors and embellishments.
Love the non-traditional colors of your project. Very cute image.
Lea said…
Jenn, I love the colors! Right up my alley! The snow is a perfect finishing touch!
Barb Turpin said…
That chunky white makes awesome snow! The shading is perfect as usual.
Linda T said…
Beautiful snowmen! I just love the colors you used. Love the different textures also.
Larissa Heskett said…
OMG!! So NEAT!! Your colors and the added little touches just make this card come to life!! THANKS so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)
Unknown said…
The embossing powder coupled with the ribbons and buttons are so pretty.

Usha
usharaneem@yahoo.com
Katie said…
Love your watercolor idea, and also the embossing enamel for snow - looks awesome! Great card. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.
Unknown said…
Love the details! How long did it take to stitch on the bling?
Sherry Butcher said…
Wonderful! Love the colors, embossing and TFS.
Janis said…
LOVE the snowflakes embossed over the image and your delicious ribbons!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Steph Ackerman said…
Love it!!! The soft colors are beautiful on the snowman.

Popular Posts